We bring over 70 years of experience in the Designing and building of Restaurant, retail, and Office interiors.
- TURN-KEY DESIGN & BUILD
- FURNISHINGS, MILLWORK, CONSTRUCTION
- PROJECT MANAGEMEMENT
Here’s but a few of our projects….
SALUTE FINANCIAL, WOOLLEN MILL, KINGSTON
- Comprehensive Interior redesign and re-branding, including curated and crafted Signage, Art and Furnishings. Situated in a 19th Century brick Industrial building, beside the historic Inner Harbour, and a once-bustling shipbuilding community, we brought boat-like details indoors. The reception counter is styled like a ship’s bow, with a teak top resembling a ship’s deck. Likewise the Meeting table was designed with a glass and wood flip-top to showcase documents, supported by curved glass, the whole designed to give a ‘floating’ appearance. The signage lettering was cut from wood; and steel, in homage to the shipbuilding heritage.
COFFEECO, Market Square, Kingston #YGK
- This Coffeehouse lives the sustainable ethos. Situated in a heritage building in historic Kingston Market Square, the 19th century comes to life again, as this Coffeehouse roasts its own coffee, and bakes its own pastries daily. It was our pleasure to design and craft an interior of Industrial chic and sustainable live-edge oak and pine. The editorial profile (not an advertisement) in KINGSTON LIFE MAGAZINE describes our philosophy and motivation.
DIANNE’S FISH BAR AND SMOKEHOUSE, Kingston
- Dianne’s best exemplifies the sustainable, eco approach to cooking, and thus we maintained that ethos in the renovation. Housed in a heritage limestone, our design philosophy was to showcase the natural stone and woodwork. The semi-casual interior serves patrons from the City and adjacent marina, and is reminiscent of Maritime, Coastal style
- We supplied the 140 year-old barnboard, and crafted the interior tables and furnishings. Each table is unique, thus avoiding the monotony so prevalent in most restaurants. Our feature Island high-top table was cut from 5″ thick, 18′ long fallen red oak
BELLA BISTRO, Kingston
- An ongoing improvement to a long-established Kingston Restaurant, we have gradually transformed the interior to match the FARM TO TABLE aesthetic of the owners. We also refined the space to achieve an additional eight seats. Natural, eco, sustainable steel and barn wood feature prominently.
SIR JOHN’S PUBLIC HOUSE, Kingston #YGK
- To those unaware, Sir John A. Macdonald was Canada’s first Prime Minister in 1867. Prior, he resided in Kingston, and practiced law in this building from 1849-1860. Extensive restoration with a talented team of artisans and professionals was undertaken by the historian and restaurateur, Paul Fortier, of Jessup Foods Ltd. The culmination of the restoration to Sir John’s Law office was our precise replication of the Fireplace mantle. Originally two in number, one had been removed at some point. Our task was to reproduce it using authentic tools.
WATERFRONT GIFTS AND APPAREL, Kingston
- Situated on Kingston’s waterfront, overlooking Confederation Basin, is this Corporate complex housing a commercial kitchen, which supplies catered food for the 1000 Islands Cruises; Corporate Offices; and an upscale retail Gift store. The client’s criteria was to SELL PRODUCT !!! And so, rather than create elaborate fixtures, which would only detract from the product, our interior design aesthetic uses reflective metals, natural wood counters, and the colour white, to better showcase the product. Curved steel supports on the nesting tables add flare to the design, and eliminate monotony.
THREE DOG WINERY, Prince Edward County #PEC
- A new winery, built with passion by experienced vintners. Named for the owner’s three rescued dogs, this incredibly beautiful and spacious landscape required only a building that reflected the passion and colourful personality, of the owners. Our interior is a nod to the Upper Canada barns that dot the countryside. A mix of heavy live-edge pine slabs, steel, and timber post and beam, belie the fact that the structure is built in 2014 with in-floor heating !
FARM GIRL BISTRO
- A long-established but dormant 1000 Islands restaurant location was revived as a country Bistro by a Food Truck vendor specializing in non-processed, healthy and traditional natural food. How better to design the interior and reflect Canada’s 19th Century roots, than by using barnboard and timber!
BREAD AND BUTTER BAKERY, Kingston
- A French-styled, Olde World Patisserie was on the menu for this project. The furniture was created as a collection of antiques, rather than monotonous uniformity. We had fun with curves, gilding, carving, and paints. This renowned bakery is famous for their inspiring charitable works. If there is a Community Cause, Bread and Butter Bakery is there to feed it. We were humbled to be asked to assist them.
- This restaurant was a Greek Diner for decades. Now a deli housed in an historic limestone , the owners desired a 19th century agrarian market feel. A barn theme dominates the interior, with faux post and beam, and a mix of stone, iron, and wood. For privacy, “Horse stables” were designed and crafted to enclose the seating booths.
General Contractors. Project Managers. Custom. Sustainable. Salvage. Heritage. Lumber Millwork. Millwrights. Retailers. Woodworking. Kitchens. Construction. renovation. New Build. Interior Decorators. Designers. Design.